Friday, November 4, 2011

Best Snack Ever (with some exclamation points)

When I was around 3 my mom and I lived with my grandparents at their house on Canary Drive in North Highlands. (5918, just for posterity.) My grandparents had their travel trailer parked in the side of the front yard (back when suburban lawns were bigger than postage stamps.) For some reason, that trailer was always sort of a play house for Gramma and I. I have no idea why we were in it so much, or maybe we weren't, but almost all of my memories playing with her are there at that little table in the trailer. Slap-Jack, Go Fish, Memory, Candy Land, Chutes and Ladders ... I was really little, but Gramma made me a proficient game-player.



My mom worked at a Veterinary Hospital so I spent the day with Gramma (playing games, apparently.) I clearly remember one day when my mom came home from work and after changing out of her scrubs, came out to the trailer and brought me a snack. Not just any snack. The. Best. Snack. Ever. The snack that would change my life forever because it would be something I would crave for the rest of my life. Of course I had to pass it down to my children who often request this snack as well. (The cycle continues ...) Are you ready for the recipe? It's a tough one ...

First you take a graham cracker and slather it with peanut butter. Then you sprinkle it with chocolate chips. LIBERALLY. Like I said, the best snack ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment